Friday, July 24, 2009

The Flop which was a Hit.

The 1968 Mexico City Olympics marked the international debut of Dick Fosbury and his celebrated "Fosbury flop," which would soon revolutionize high-jumping.

My 7th grade P.T (physical training) theory book had the description and the whole deal of how the flop has to be done and perfected, which I never did. I preferred the must safer scissors. Even in 1996, my school had no landing mat, it was sand. I did try it at home on my parent's king size bed few times. Which after a few unsuccessful flops developed some cracks. The bed I mean, I was lucky. Though Fosbury was considered the revolutionary, it was possible only because, by the time Dick Fosbury had come, the landing mat had just got there, with time it got thicker. I won't take off the credit from him none the less. He is a legend. He was the only one who was doing it then.

Forgot to tell.. my book also had illustrations, grabbing my eyes whenever I used to glance through. Will post them whenever I fish that book out.

No comments:

in.cube.us

in.cube.us

hand of god

hand of god
maradona